It’s that time of year again; brothers near and wide will be convening at the 2018 National Leadership Institute in Chicago, Illinois starting Thursday. The HYPE will descend upon the Windy City and the conference committee has a great convention planned for all delegates.
Our 7Visions blogger wanted to delve into the excitement brothers are expressing regarding this year’s conference and so we asked brothers what they are looking forward to most at NLI 2018?
- “With being a brand new member to this fraternity, I am hoping to find out how the different chapters around the nation operate on their campus. I am excited to find out what traditions are shared nationwide and what details are done differently” shared Eric Valenzuela, Kansas State University.
- “Spending time with bros is always the main plus. Being able to see bros again and reconnect as if we just saw each other the day before. And meeting new brothers who have the same passion and admiration for this organization” stated Johny Cedeno, Omicron Chapter at UW Parkside.
- “Seeing how big this organization is and the experience of being able to socialize and network with the other bros” explained eager neophyte Edgar Ruiz from PVAMU Colony.
- “I’m excited about the networking opportunities through meeting brothers from all across the country. Not simply advantageous connections, but bonds that cross borders, civil and otherwise, and span a lifetime.”- Michael Crisp, Kansas State University
- “I’m looking forward to visiting Chicago for the first time and exploring it with the rest of the brotherhood at my side. There’s no better way to do it” said Richard “From Delta” Villareal, Delta Chapter at Texas A&M University.
- “When I joined this brotherhood it was a lifetime commitment for me, which means if I want to see improvement or change then my plan is to make those personal connections with my brothers and see how we can work together to take our organization to the next level. I am definitely looking forward to meeting the future of ODPhi and reuniting with the seasoned brothers from all over the nation” said Edwin Romero, Alpha Omicron chapter, at the University of Texas at Dallas.