Omega Delta Phi will not tolerate, condone or encourage hazing by any chapter colony, club, student, or alumnus. Such activities are not compatible with the principles and traditions of the Fraternity and reflect negatively on the organization. Omega Delta Phi chapters/colonies are required to follow a Prospective Member program reflecting the true meaning and high standards of the brotherhood and in no way embarrasses, demeans, or endangers the individual Prospective Member.
Omega Delta Phi firmly believes in the importance of Prospective Members and Prospective Member education, with the absence of hazing. The Prospective Member process serves the purpose of molding good brothers; not good Prospective Members. Therefore, the purpose of the Prospective Member program must be to teach our principles, values and rituals.
Hazing activities are defined as any action taken or situation created, intentionally, whether on or off fraternity premises, to produce physical or mental discomfort, embarrassment, harassment or ridicule. Such activities and situations include, but are not limited to:
- Any brutality of a physical nature (whipping, beating, branding, etc.)
- Creation of excessive fatigue through forced calisthenics or other activities
- Engaging in public stunts and jokes
- Exposure to the elements
- Wearing apparel which is conspicuous and not normally in good taste
- Forced consumption of any food, liquor, drug or any other substance
- Any forced physical activity that could adversely affect the physical health and safety of the individual.
All incidents of hazing must be reported to the Director of Intake immediately.